As with everything – everything in moderation
The FDA recommendation suggests up to 1.5 ounces of nuts daily or one and a half times a “handful.”
Here is an estimate of how many nuts in an ounce and a half.
Almonds 20-24 Brazil Nuts 6-8 Cashews 16-18 Hazelnuts 18-20 Macadamias 10-12
Pecans 17-20 halves Pine Nuts 150-157 Pistachios 45-47 Walnuts 14 halves
One-third cup of nuts is the quantity mentioned in the Food Guide Pyramid and the Dash Diet
So, how is one get their healthy servings of nuts? Easy- eat them as snacks right from the bag or:
Sprinkle nuts into these foods:
- Salads (a sweet or savory flavor- depending on the salad)
- Cereal (banana bread walnutz, or apple krisp karma-yum)
- Pasta ( garlic pistachios are great in pasta- and colorful)
- Cooked vegetables (curry almonds get my vote)
- Muffins and pancakes (toss a handful or two into your batter-raw or flavored)
- Tell us your ideas!
Sale 15% off Sweet Flavored Nutz- Like: Banana Bread Walnutz, Apple Crisp, Cinna Pecan, Tahitian Vanilla Bean Walnutz & Chocolate Divine Walnutz…..Code: sweetnut exp 6/17/12 http://shop.livingnutz.com