* A one ounce serving size of macadamia nuts provides a high amount of healthy fats, a low amount of carbohydrates, moderate protein and no cholesterol or sodium.
* Macadamia nuts have sweet taste and are rich source of energy, provide about 718 cal/100 g, one of the highest among nuts.
* They are also rich in many important B-complex vitamins, vital for body functions. 100 g of nuts provide 15% of niacin, 21% of pyridoxine (vit.B-6), 100% of thiamin, and 12% of riboflavin.
* Macadamia nuts are rich in calcium, which strengthens the teeth and bones. This nut also supplies iron, which is essential for the proper function of enzymes and red blood cells.
* These nuts also contain selenium. Selenium has antioxidant properties. Antioxidants protect cells from damage. It also plays a key role in the metabolism.
* Macadamias are rich source of mono-unsaturated fatty like oleic acid & palmitoleic acids. Research suggests that monounsaturated fats in the diet help to lower total as well as LDL (bad cholesterol) and increase HDL (good cholesterol) levels in the blood.
Hmmmm they taste good too!