Crème de la crème cashew milk (serves 1)
- This is a wonderful, refreshing replacement for dairy milk in so many recipes! Drink straight from the glass, add to your morning smoothie, pour over a bowl of chia seeds for easy pudding or use to thicken soups or sauces (just leave out the vanilla).
- Bon appétit!
- ¼ cup of raw Living Nutz Bali cashews (soaked overnight or for anywhere from 4-12 hours in room temperature filtered water with a pinch of sea salt)
- 1 cup of coconut water (or filtered water works, but the coconut water really adds a lovely sweetness and is great for hydration)
- 1-2 Medjool dates
- ¼ tsp of vanilla powder
- Drain soaked cashews and rinse with water.
- Add to a high-speed blender (preferably a Vitamix) with the coconut water, and blend until smooth (around 30 seconds).
- Pour through a nut milk bag or sieve to strain liquid.
- Mix with dates and vanilla powder until creamy.
Rebecca Leffler is a writer, journalist and optimist who, after a long career in entertainment (France Correspondent of The Hollywood Reporter and film critic on French TV network Canal+), has traded the red carpets of Paris for the green streets of New York. Her book “Green, Glam & Gourmande” brought la végolution to France in March 2014 and is being translated into several languages. TRÈS GREEN, TRÈS CLEAN, TRÈS CHIC : Eat (and Live!) the New French Way with Vegan, Gluten-Free Recipes for Every Season will be available in the USA in April 2015. Rebecca hosts green and chic events in NY and Paris on both a public and corporate level and is an expert in “branded greentertainment” aka her unique communication for wellness brands. Check out more of Rebecca’s trans-Atlantic adventures at lafleurparisny.com
Pic: Rebecca Leffler