By Rebecca Leffler
This breakfast bowl is packed with protein, fiber and mood-boosting superfoods to keep you energized and smiling all day long!
Ingredients for 1 serving
- 1 cup of Cashew milk
- 2 tablespoons of chia seeds
- A pinch of cinnamon
- A pinch of ginger powder
- 1 tablespoon of soaked or sprouted Living Nutz nuts (almonds, hazelnuts, walnuts…) or seeds (pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds…)
- 1/4 cup of blueberries
- 1/2 banana, sliced
- 1 tablespoon of mulberries
- ¼ cup of Living Nutz raw Bali Cashews (soaked overnight or for anywhere from 4-12 hours in room temperature filtered water with a pinch of sea salt)
- 1 cup of coconut water (or filtered water works, but the coconut water really adds a lovely sweetness and is great for hydration)
- 1-2 Medjool dates
- ¼ tsp of vanilla powder
- Drain soaked cashews and rinse with water.
- Add to a high-speed blender (preferably a Vitamix) with the coconut water, and blend until smooth (around 30 seconds).
- Pour through a nut milk bag or sieve to strain liquid.
- Mix with dates and vanilla powder until creamy.
- Blend cashew milk, cinnamon and ginger in a blender.
- Add the chia seeds to a bowl.
- Pour cashew milk mixture on top.
- Mix with a spoon.
- Let sit for around 1 minute, mix again, then let sit on the counter for around 10-15 minutes or until the liquid is absorbed. Stir again.
- Enjoy as-is or leave in the refrigerator overnight or all day until ready to eat. Top with nuts, mulberries and fruit or layer the chia pudding with nuts and fruit in a smaller glass or bowl to enjoy parfait-style.
Rebecca Leffler is a writer, journalist and optimist who, after a long career in entertainment (France Correspondent of The Hollywood Reporter and film critic on French TV network Canal+), has traded the red carpets of Paris for the green streets of New York. Her book “Green, Glam & Gourmande” brought la végolution to France in March 2014 and is being translated into several languages. TRÈS GREEN, TRÈS CLEAN, TRÈS CHIC : Eat (and Live!) the New French Way with Vegan, Gluten-Free Recipes for Every Season will be available in the USA in April 2015. Rebecca hosts green and chic events in NY and Paris on both a public and corporate level and is an expert in “branded greentertainment” aka her unique communication for wellness brands. Check out more of Rebecca’s trans-Atlantic adventures at lafleurparisny.com
Pic: Rebecca Leffler