At Living Nutz we use only certified organic and unpasteurized nuts and ingredients. WE DO NOT ROAST OUR NUTS!
Most in the raw food community agree that heating foods greater than 118º(F) lose their enzymes and thus a significant amount of their nutritional value! At Living Nutz – we agree! That is why we dehydrate the nuts at a lower temperature.
Also, roasting Nutz at a temperature higher that 170º(F) will cause a breakdown of their fats and the production of free radicals. When nuts roasted at the high temperatures they are used commercially are consumed, the free radicals they contain can cause lipid per oxidation (the oxidizing of fats in your bloodstream) that can trigger tiny injuries in artery walls, a first step in the build up of plaque and cardiovascular disease.
1. First, we soak the nuts overnight.
Benefits of Soaking:
• Enzyme inhibitors get neutralized
• The amount of vitamins in your body can absorb increases
• Digestion is much easier
• Phytic acid, which inhibits the amount of vital minerals we can absorb
2. We flavor the nuts and gently dry under low temperatures to perfection. This takes about 4–5 days!